This Apple Cake is one of our super easy recipes for cooking with cannabis. It is a great way to use up apples that are getting a bit past their prime, which is exactly what I did in making this cake for the blog! The infusion of THC (or CBD) comes from the use of CannaButter in the batter.
We use our own Get Baked Edibles CannaButter for this recipe. If using our CannaButter as instructed, the each cake slice will deliver 15 mg of THC per serving. https://www.getbakedediblesshop.com/product-page/infused-clarified-cannabutter-indica-sativa-hybrid
Ingredients- Apple Topping:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples: peeled, cored and sliced in 1/4 inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Cooking Spray
Ingredients- Cake Batter:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Get Baked Edibles CannaButter, or CannaButter of your choice (28 grams)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28 grams)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 8" springform pan
- Parchment Paper
- Pen or Pencil
- 3 mixing bowls
- Measuring Spoons
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- 1 large spoon
1/ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2/ In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Set aside.
3/ Prepare Pan (video below)
- Detach bottom of the springform pan from the sides.
- Spread out enough parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan. If the parchment edges are curling, lay them flat with whatever is handy.
- Set the bottom of the pan in the center of the parchment, and use the pen or pencil to trace the shape of the bottom onto the parchment.
- Cut out the parchment round. Reattach the sides of the pan and spray bottom and sides with cooking spray
- Lay the parchment round it in the bottom of the pan - INK SIDE DOWN.
4/ Prepare the apples
- Add the apple slices, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Use your fingers to gently toss until combined.
- Fan the apple slices atop the parchment paper. Pour any leftover liquid over the apples. Set aside.
5/ Prepare cake batter
- Place the butter and brown sugar into the third mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment. Cream at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix for 1 more minute.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture. Mix for 1 minute. Add 1/2 of milk. Mix for 1 minute. Repeat both steps.
- Spoon batter atop the apples in the baking pan. Use the back of the spoon to spread out into an even layer.
7/ Bake for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
8/ Allow to cool in pan before cutting removing the sides of the springform pan. Place the cake atop a platter or plate and invert. Remove parchment.
9/ Dust slices of apple cake with confectioner's sugar for an added pretty touch. Enjoy this apple cake recipe and check out our other easy recipes for cooking with cannabis!