Updated: Jul 12
This Low Carb Cherry Brownies recipe is one of our super easy recipes for cooking with cannabis. Due to the lack of grain flour of any kind, this is definitely more of a fudgy brownie.
This recipe will require you to purchase a few low carb baking essentials. But, if you plan to bake on a regular basis, and are looking to reduce your sugar or carb intake, you'll find that these ingredients can be used in a variety of keto-friendly desserts.
The infusion of THC (or CBD) comes from the use of CannaButter (Cannabis Infused Butter) in the batter.
We use our own Get Baked Edibles CannaButter for this recipe. If using our CannaButter as instructed, the each serving will deliver 20 mg of THC, enough to deliver most semi-experienced users a nice high! If you need more THC, you can always add more CannaButter, and reduce the amount of unsalted butter accordingly. Link to our CannaButter: https://www.getbakedediblesshop.com/product-page/infused-clarified-cannabutter-indica-sativa-hybrid
Ingredients: Makes 9 servings
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Allulose sweetener (available on Amazon)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Xantham Gum (available on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder or ground coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons CannaButter- Link to purchase: https://www.getbakedediblesshop.com/product-page/infused-clarified-cannabutter-indica-sativa-hybrid
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips, plus additional to sprinkle atop batter
- 1 cup frozen cherries- defrosted, drained of juice, and halved
- 8" x 8" baking pan
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 2 small mixing bowls (1 microwave-safe for melting butter)
1/ Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line baking pan with parchment paper, with 1-2" of overhang at the edges.
2/ Add the first 7 ingredients to medium mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly with a whisk. Set aside.
3/ Add eggs and vanilla extract to small mixing bowl. Beat with a fork until combined.
4/ Place CannaButter and unsalted butter in the microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Once melted, add 4 oz chocolate chips.
5/ Stir slowly until all of the chips melt. Then, pour mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
6/ Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients.
7/ Stir the batter with a spoon until all dry ingredients are fully moistened. Do not overmix!
8/ Pour cherry halves into the batter. Use spoon to fold in until distributed throughout the batter.
9/ Pour into baking pan. Use spoon to spread evenly. If desired, top with additional chocolate chips.
10/ Bake for 28 - 30 minutes, until set, but still fudgy.
11/ Allow to cool to room temperature in the pan. Once cooled, pull the brownies out of the pan atop the sheet of parchment paper. With the brownies still resting atop the paper, cut into 9 squares.
12/ Best served with keto ice cream or whipped cream.
13/ Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this recipe and check out our other easy recipes for cooking with cannabis!